Friday, June 25, 2010

Them bones

I'd written this several years back and it amazes me that even after ALL this time, the random phone calls still come in.


Them bones.....yep.....little bones of contention....We've all got them. Bones that become disjointed over day to day things..... I've become a master at avoidance. I don't like those kind of bones. You bend them and twist them enough and they become swollen and painfully arthritic. Inflame them enough and you have serious problems....


Seemed during the course of my divorce everything became a major bone of contention. I was to the point I honestly didn't care. Here, you want it? Take it? My first born? Take him! Neighbor's child....heeeeere ya go. Generous by nature, I was willing to give it all.....here take it! Go away! Be happy!

Strangely, now that we've gone our own separate ways, some of the things that were major bones are still in my possession. You wouldn't think it would be any big deal, but it is. It's a direct connection. It's two tractors in my front yard. That and a baler, swather, drill, etc., etc. Not little ticket items either.

The direct connection I speak of is the repeated phone calls. "How's my tractor".....geeeeez. :The tires still full on the baler?" Any little thing to make a phone call. "How's my dog"....well, your dog is waiting for you...come pick him up. And while you're at it, take your tractor, baler, swather, drill, plow, yada yada yada. But there's always an excuse why not.

Today, I'm placing a notice in the newspaper. He will have a limited time to remove his possessions or I'm having a farm equipment sale. The proceeds will then go to a needy organization....ME. It's time for life to move forward. It's been long enough.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. In my first divorce, I gave my husband everything...did not want a single thing, except the responsibility of raising our two teenaged children...after the divorce, within three months, my son told me his dad was going to declare bankruptcy, and I would be stuck with the house/mortgage...I had already bought a new house, and two house payments was no fun, but I did it to keep the peace...for the children... as recently as a month ago, I got a call from his drunken self, wanting to "shoot the breeze"...no thanks...let's let those dry bones rest already!

    ReplyDelete