Saturday, July 10, 2010

Life is a Highway

I've heard the expression Life is a Highway and I tend to disagree. It's more like a back country road filled with bumps, potholes and unexpected twists and turns. Much like driving at night with your headlights off and not being able to see what's directly ahead of you. So much more exciting than the highway where everything is clearly marked off in advance and you can see your destination just ahead.

Life is not for the timid. It is to be driven and explored and held in awe under all conditions.

3 comments:

  1. I feel kinda like I've been driven over that back road this fine Saturday morning. SOMEBODY made me take that damn 2nd shot of tequila last night.

    MORNIN', CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it Patron, Kate? lol. And a great morning to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice analogy, Jeannie. Me, my life? Well, to be honest, mine is more like wandering through the woods without a compass....not really minding I'm without the compass, because, as geographically challenged as I am, I would still be lost most of the time. Always easily distracted by the interesting things I find along the way, my path seems to be more one I make for myself, than one someone else has already paved....drives my family bonkers sometimes, but that's just how it is, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete