Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blogging with abandon

I've been a blogger for many, many years.  I can recall a time when I blogged with total abandon, writing about anything and everything and enjoying a loyal following of other fellow bloggers. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicThose were the days.  A bunch of nonsensical fun.  Each blogger writing in a style unique to them.  The variety was like my own personal smorgasboard where I could feast my eyes on whatever written diet of words I desired on any given day.  Or I could gorge myself on ALL the varieties at once.  Manna from heaven!

Lately it seems I've lost my muse.  So I search.  I read.  I visit other bloggers seeking inspiration.  While I haven't quite found where my muse is hiding, I have found some fascinating individuals who rekindle my love for writing and stir the smoldering embers of writing with abandon.  Take Annah for example, at When Red Means Go.

She's a little risque, totally off the wall, but I completely get her sense of humor!  She's blogging her way to "famosity" and makes no bones about it. I do, however, think the whole "eating kittens" part is a bit of a sham, but shhhh, we won't mention that!  I laugh at the thought even as I hide my "kittens" from her keen eye.  (Forgive me Annah, I tried to email you for permission but this crazy system wouldn't allow me...grrr)
Photobucket



Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnd then there's Geri, a military wife and mom to two kids.  Her life is never dull as she dances dangerously with her cats, takes on the principal and coaches like a bulldog and waits anxiously for her husband to be deployed.  There's never a dull moment around her house!  You can visit Geri at http://justmedefyinggravity.blogspot.com/ .  You won't be disappointed. 






I'd like to find my sense of "abandon" again.  As I tumble in and out of one blog after another I feel I should bring a gymnasts mat.  Sometimes I laugh so hard I fall to the floor.  Other times a post is so outrageous it makes me swoon.  Never, however, am I ever bored!

For other fantastic blogs check my list of blogs I follow. 




8 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the plug! I enjoy reading your posts as well. I don't always comment, but I do read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My muse gets up and wanders off quite frequently, I know what you're going through! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geri, I've always been a fan of yours. You're mostly upbeat but present your day to day life in a way I connect to :-)

    Kook we should get a restraining order on our muses, ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard eBAY laid off 234 phone complaint employees since they condemned the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can guess 3 vegetables in my retainer, I'll send you a free iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brocolli, cauliflower and asparagus are in the retainer lol. Where's my ipad? and WHAT is an ipad?

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW anonymous, your voice sounds familiar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CJ, I particularly liked the posts you used to write that were just your life, your experiences, your reactions to those experiences.... For me, while I definitely enjoy the "followers," I get MORE out of just writing, getting the thoughts out there, reading them back myself and marveling in the madness that seems to be forever a part of my existence. And then I read Gerri's and yours and Mal's and Sharon's and many others, and discover that it is not in the least a unique madness, but rather, a "typical" madness, and it is our reactions to that madness that is really interesting. Keep writing and I'll keep reading -- it just works that way!

    ReplyDelete