Thursday, August 26, 2010

I am a thrift store junkie and a dime store diva

I'm totally addicted to thrift stores and bargain stores.  I've found everything from Rolex watches to Egyptian gold rummaging through these little digs.  Today I ventured out to do a little rummaging, looking for wall hangings in a Tuscany style.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicI have an eye for putting things together, for blending colors and design.  In minutes, I can have a cart filled with an unusual assortment of items that individually look unimpressive, but as a whole become something interesting and colorful.

Most often I don't really know what it is I have in mind when I set out, only a vague idea of what I want to accomplish.

Each of these items were found at different thrift stores, none of them coming from the same store and yet, each one with subtle variations of the same color schemes. 
                                                                                                 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 Two small wall hangings


Image and video hosting by TinyPicI particularly LOVE this clay vase!  A bit on the primitive side but it appeals to me.  Grouped together, the colors in these items flow smoothly. 

I can't wait to get them all put up, but for now, it's time to relax, put my feet up and contemplate my next little adventure.

I only wish my friend Lindsay could have taken the photos for me.  Speaking of which, if you have a love for fine photography, check him out here  Lindsay Donald

3 comments:

  1. Nice items... these days I find myself giving more items to the thrift stores than buying from them.... maybe one day I'll get back to regularly haunting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy I donate much more than I buy. My only fear is that I'll end up buying the very items I donated lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... I always have that SAME thought!

    ReplyDelete