Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm not Erma Bombeck

Erma BombeckI'm not Erma Bombeck and I know as you read this, you're sitting  in stunned disbelief.  It's true though.  Sure, we have many qualities in common.  Our quirky sense of humor, our flair for writing, our disastrous and sometimes not so disastrous encounters with day to day life.  We even sport a similar hairstyle and hair color!
                                                                         
                                                                            Erma Bombeck Pictures

From childhood I would pour over her stories, each new story feeding my hunger for her to write yet more.  To me, her writing was like mind candy and I couldn't get enough. Her written escapades left me doubled over with laughter.

Whereas she found fortune in her writing, I'm yet waiting to be discovered.  Come discover me now.  As i find my personal muse again you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a meatloaf and a Meatloaf fan.....

    And this is remarkably like my basic meatloaf recipe... I also take the queue from my mother, whose cooking was lousy, but who, once in a while, accidentally made something tasty. She would boil eggs and bury the boiled eggs in the meatloaf...when sliced, the meatloaf then has a slice of hard boiled egg in each slice. Joe's mom makes it with boiled eggs, hotdogs and pickles buried in it! LOL...FILLING meal om a budget.

    ReplyDelete